Private Client Services

Wills, Trusts and Probate

Whether you are sorting out your own affairs, or dealing with those of a deceased loved one, negotiating your way through the many domestic and legal demands presented at such times can seem fraught with difficulties.

Our experts can create bespoke Wills and Trusts carefully tailored to your unique needs and designed to minimise tax liabilities for years to come. And when the worst happens, you can be sure of finding a knowledgeable and sensitive lawyer who will work with you to smooth the process after bereavement.

The long and complex list of jobs that must be attended to after the death of a loved one is daunting. Tasks range from the straightforward; like registering the death and altering utility bills, to the more complicated and time-consuming; such as organising and paying for the funeral and sorting out the deceased’s financial affairs.

Whatever the size of the estate, be it small and local, or vast and far-flung, our team will work hard to ensure that affairs are taken care of with sensitivity and skill.

Click here to download our useful “What to do when someone dies” document.

Contact Us

Our Approach

Approachable and empathetic, our lawyers will speak to you in plain and simple language; helping you to understand the processes involved.  They will be there to hold your hand through emotionally difficult times.



Why do I need a Will?

To ensure that your assets pass to those who you wish to benefit from your estate and also to deal with other important matters such as guardians for young children, estate planning and dealing with concerns such as care home fees, second marriages and protecting assets for the children from a first marriage.



What happens if I die without making a Will?

Your estate will pass in accordance to the Rules of Intestacy, meaning your assets may pass to certain family members which may not be in line with your wishes. There may also be complications if the beneficiary – and the person entitled to administer your estate – is a minor.


Your Team

Useful Information

Working In Partnership

  • Government guidance

    The official government website containing guidance on what to do when someone dies and a link to the DWP’s “Tell us once” service which offers a means of notifying government department and local councils that someone has died. See also the guidance in the form of a leaflet by going to

    Visit Website
  • Will search

    To find a will or ‘grant of representation’ for people who died in or after 1858, recorded in England and Wales.

    Visit Website
  • The Law Society

    The Website of the Law Society of England and Wales, under For the public: Common legal issues: Probate.

    Visit Website

Contact Us

  • This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.